Database Administrator (M/F/D)
to support the « IT » department in Luxembourg on the basis of a permanent contract at 40h/week
- Manage and maintain the databases
- Monitor the performance of the databases and suggest improvements to ensure their proper functioning
- Ensure the security of DB and data access
- Define backup plans and ensure database restoration tests
- Optimise database access and allocate/reallocate database resources in terms of configuration, performance and cost.
- Assess the adequacy of system hardware and software to meet current and future needs and provide trend analysis to the team.
- Escalate technical issues to third parties as appropriate.
- Automate management tasks and perform standard administrative activities as required.
- Provide complete and comprehensive documentation.
- Conduct regular testing and evaluation to ensure security, confidentiality and data integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or other related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Three to five years experience working with various database management systems (Oracle and MS SQL Server)
- Experience with TSQL, PL-SQL, PowerShell scripts
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- OVM experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Service Now is an asset
- ITIL certification is an asset
- Fluency in French and technical English, knowledge of Luxembourgish and/or German is an asset
- Flexibility in terms of working hours (7am-7pm Monday to Friday and rotating shifts on weekends and public holidays)
In the course of the recruitment process, you will be required to provide your criminal record.